We spent Labor Day with Bankie and Pawpaw. My mom, Belle and I went shopping while Lola stayed with my dad during the morning. When we got back they had rearranged the entire backyard for us. They had set it up to have a dinner picnic on the pergola and then a dessert picnic under the trees. SO FUN! Lola had a blast decorating with some of her best buds PawPaw and Lloyd the guinea pig. We ended up making homemade ice cream, which was fun and delicious. Lola and Belle had fun adding the ingredients and waiting for it to freeze in the machine. Dinner outside didn't go so well because this MAMA doesn't like bugs. Lola had caught a toad in the backyard. It was TINY. Again, I had a brilliant idea (swear my husband loves me) to keep it for the winter and then release it in the spring. After I saw how much the little toad couldn't handle all of the little hands that were holding it, I decided to let it go. If we can get one that's a tad bigger we will have a new pet. $3 admission to this petting zoo we live in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Do you really believe that we could charge admission? Maybe Lola and Annabelle could talk to Santa about getting a pony and then we could charge extra for a ride around the neighborhood!
ReplyDeleteMolly-You do such a great job with your blog! I love how much Lola loves "wildlife" and that picture with the gerbil coming out of the top of her shirt is awesome...Keep 'em comin:)
ReplyDelete